Why choose a self-catered ski holiday?
In years gone by if you were looking to book a self-catered ski holiday often your only accommodation choices were soulless and sparsely furnished chalets or apartments, providing the bear minimum in comfort and facilities. Fortunately, those days are long gone, and Luxury Chalet Book offer an almost endless selection of wonderful properties in fabulous locations for an independent ski holiday. Here’s our top 5 reasons why you should consider a self-catered ski chalet for your next holiday:
1. Independence: One of the top reasons for choosing a self-catered ski holiday has to be the independence it allows. There’s no prescribed time to have breakfast so you can be up with the lark, fuelled with a coffee, out the door and queuing for first lifts with a croissant in hand; or maybe your more of a relaxed morning person with a long leisurely breakfast in mind. After a full day on the ski slopes you can enjoy some après, grab a pizza and collapse on the sofa or maybe you’d rather head back early, rustle up a family favourite and enjoy a relaxed evening round the dining table together. Either way the choice is yours.
2. Flexibility: When choosing this type of chalet holiday there is often the opportunity to add on additional services. It may be that you’d like a pre-arrival shop in order the fridge is full on your arrival, perhaps you’d like a breakfast chef and daily housekeeping or a chauffeur service to take you to and from the piste. Most options are possible at an additional cost, you just have to ask.
3. Size: Getting a catered property for just 2 or 4 people can be quite challenging and maybe you don’t want to book a hotel and be confined to just a bedroom and shared hang out space. In this case a self-catered apartment would be just the answer. Most of our smaller apartments are in great locations by the ski slopes, and many are within residences with additional luxury facilities such as shared spa facilities. For larger groups of several families, you can consider taking several apartments within the same residence allowing you to be close enough to hang out but still providing privacy when needed. Alternatively, we have a number of very large, self-catered chalets ideal for several families or a large group of friends that all just want to hang out together.
4. Quality: It used to be the case that to have a luxury property, in a great location with indulgent facilities such as swimming pools, hot tubs and saunas, the only option was a catered chalet. With our extensive portfolio of luxury self-catered and bed & breakfast chalets there’s no need to compromise. You can book a luxury chalet that oozes the style and panache that rivals many a catered chalet and with all the luxury facilities you desire.
5. Control of your environment: Even more appealing in our current situation must be the control this type of holiday gives you over your environment. All properties are thoroughly cleaned in accordance with the countries Covid guidelines and once you arrive it’s just you, your family, and friends. You can decide if you want additional staff or if you feel safer in your own holiday bubble.
There is one thing we can be certain of and that is that we are all different and what makes one person’s perfect holiday experience may not be the same as yours. That’s were choosing a self-catered chalet, without having to compromise on luxury facilities and location must make it a serious consideration for your next holiday.
We’ve chosen 5 chalets from our extensive portfolio that really showcase the diverse options available for all group sizes and budgets.
Ski in/out chalet with swimming pool in Meribel, France
New for the 2019 ski season, Chalet Alya in Meribel certainly has the wow factor. This stunning chalet boasts a ski in/ski out position located on the edge of the Gelinotte blue piste and comes with a fabulous private swimming pool, massage room and table football. The wrap around terrace provides phenomenal mountain vistas and a great place to soak up the sun during those warm spring afternoons. Sleeping 8 adults and 4 children it’s the perfect getaway for a couple of families looking for luxurious and peaceful winter haven.
2 bedroom apartment with spa facilities in Lech, Austria
This gem of an apartment located in Lech was also new for the 2019 ski season. It is one of several apartments located within the Brunnenhof residence and just a 5 minute walk to the piste. Bright, spacious and modern it has 2 bedrooms for 4 people and comes with the added luxury of access to the residence spa facilities that include a swimming pool, sauna and steam room.
Affordable self-catered chalet in Nendaz, Switzerland
A standalone chalet boasting an enviable location above the village of Nendaz. It provides stunning mountain views and comfortable accommodation for up to 11 guests. Features include a private outdoor hot tub and a sauna. Just 300m to the piste it gives access to all that the 4 Valleys ski area linked with Verbier has to offer, and at a fraction of the prices of Verbier.
Ski in Ski out with outdoor hot tub in Val d'Isere, France
What a location! This wonderful apartment really does occupy a perfect spot in Val d’Isere. Located on the famous Face de Bellevarde slope it is just a short ski to the main snow front, ski schools and ski lifts. And if that wasn’t enough the apartment has a warp around terrace with outdoor hot tub providing views across the piste, resort and mountains. It’s well equipped for a self-catering holiday and only a short stroll into the resort centre to enjoy all of the restaurants and bars on offer.
Large chalet in the Dolomites resort of Alta Badia, Italy
WOW! It is truly rare to find a luxury self-catered chalet for this number of guests. Contemporary in design and packed with luxurious features this chalet really does offer everything you could want for a large family and friends get together. The wonderful spa features a Finnish sauna, steam bath and relaxation area, outside on the terrace you’ll find a sunken whirlpool hot tub.
To enquire about any of the chalets and apartments above and to find your dream accommodation for your next ski holiday please do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected] or on 00 44 207 117 2085.
P.S. The lead image is also from another self-catered chalet, the fabulously modern Chalet Couttet in Chamonix. See more of this one HERE.
Posted by Nicola Gill on
26 July 2021 at 10:02 AM
Alta Badia, Austria, France, Italy, Lech, Méribel, Nendaz, Switzerland, Val d'Isère
3 Valleys, Austria, Espace Killy, France, Lech, Méribel, Self Catered, Switzerland, Val d'Isère